Leftovers to Lights® Contest Rules & Regulations
1. The "Leftovers to Lights" ("Contest") begins at 9:00:01 a.m. (EST) on May 16, 2011 ("Contest Start Date") and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on Aug 26, 2011 ("Contest Close Date"). The Contest is sponsored by Organic Resource Management Inc.. ("Sponsor").
2. To be eligible, you must be a verifiable legal resident of Canada, you must be a verifiable Restaurant or Grocery Owner/Operator, who has reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence ("Entrant") and you must not be an employee of the Sponsor, its advertising, promotional and public relations agencies, or a member of the immediate family or household of such employees. For purposes of these Rules, "member of the immediate family" means spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister of the Entrant, whether or not they are part of the same household.
How to enter
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, between the Contest Start Date and the Contest Close Date, go online to www.leftoverstolights.com ("Contest Website"). You will see a button on the home page that links to the Leftovers to Lights® contest main page for instructions. To enter contest, you must fill-out the online form, complete the required fields on the contest page and submit your entry or send your restaurant name, contact name, restaurant address, city, province, postal code, phone number and e-mail address , and you are will be automatically entered for a chance to win. One entry per customer. By submitting an entry, you agree to assign and transfer all copyright and any and all other right, title and interest in the entry to the Sponsor.
4. All Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on August 26, 2011. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the Sponsor's server machine(s).
5. If the identity of the Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered to be the authorized account holder. Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
6. Entries are subject to verification and may be disqualified if they are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, irregular, submitted through illicit means, of an explicit nature, in bad taste, not original to the Entrant, or if they contain any false statements or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Contest Rules.
7. There is a total of three (3) prizes available to be won, consisting of a grand prize; 1 full year of Grease Trap Service at a value of (approx. $2000.00), secondary prize; Gas Bar-BQ Grill at a value of (approx. $500.00) and the third prize; Golf TownŽ gift card for $250.00. Purchases will be deducted from the gift card amount until the value reaches zero. If a gift card is not used for 24 consecutive months, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel it.
8. On August 4, 2011, in Woodbridge, Ontario, a random draw will be conducted by the contest judges, who may be third parties or employees of Sponsor, to select a potential winner ("selected Entrant") from all eligible entries received by no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on August 1, 2011. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
9. The selected Entrant will be contacted by email within three (3) business days of the random draw date and will be advised of the eligibility requirements in order to be confirmed a winner. Selected Entrant will have three (3) business days to respond to such email providing Sponsor with a day-time phone number where the selected Entrant can be contacted in order for selected Entrant to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time. Subsequently, in order to be confirmed a winner ("Winner"); the selected Entrant must satisfy the requirements of Rule 12 below.
10. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-refundable, non-transferable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen, and is not convertible to cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated in these Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
Winner verification & publicity/liability release
11. To be confirmed a Winner, a selected Entrant who has satisfied the eligibility requirements under Rule 8 above will be required to sign the Sponsor's form of Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules and Release of Liability, releasing Sponsor its subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies, from any liability, losses, damages and expenses which may be suffered or incurred in connection with this Contest or a Prize. Declaration and Release documents must be received by Sponsor by fax or regular mail within 7 business days of delivery of the Release by Sponsor to selected Entrant. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted at any time, or is contacted but, due to the selected Entrant's inability to satisfy the eligibility requirements set out in these Contest Rules, cannot be confirmed a Winner, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited by that selected Entrant and may be awarded to an alternate selected Entrant who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Contest Rules.
12. By accepting the Prize, the Winner consents to the use, without further consideration, of Restaurant name, his/her name, city and province of restaurant, and photographs or other likenesses for publicity and promotion purposes by Sponsor.
13. By entering, Entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to abide and be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of a Prize.
14. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of liability
15. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular entries, or for any entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Sponsor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Contest website or otherwise participate in the Contest.
16. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Contest Rules, other Contest-related information, including printing or advertising, and other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest.
17. During the Contest Period, Sponsor is not responsible for any: failure of the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure of any email to be transmitted or received; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or in-store computer kiosk or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an Entrant's computer or to any other individual's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Contest.
Protection of personal information
19. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor may communicate with entrant via email with respect to communicating the results of the Contest and upcoming promotions and offers. An Entrant may opt-out of receiving promotion and offer emails by changing his/her personal information in "Your Account" at www.leftoversto lights.com.
20. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
21. Quebec Residents. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Reggie des alcohols, des courses ET des jinx for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Reggie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
22. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate the Contest or the Contest Rules at any time, without notice, and for any reason. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason more than one Entrant receives notification that he/she is the Prize Winner, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award three (3) Prizes, as stated in these official Contest Rules, via a random drawing held following the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended.
23. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with the selected Entrants and confirmed Winners.